RedGameFreaks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official IRC Channel of RGFHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to the RGF Forums
Hey, we're working on the site again, so please do excuse the mess.
IRC is no longer up - It'll be moved here sometime soon.
GTA:IV modding support, and section coming soon.
Other cool sites
Is anyone else having problems connecting to play RF? RGFnewBanner-1Is anyone else having problems connecting to play RF? Levels4You-ButtonIs anyone else having problems connecting to play RF? VoltzIs anyone else having problems connecting to play RF? Ffafflink
Similar topics
Index
Site
Home
IRC Chat

Forum

Is anyone else having problems connecting to play RF?

Go down 
+3
Hawkseye
PSYKO
Luv 2 Die
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Luv 2 Die
Admin
Admin
Luv 2 Die

Is anyone else having problems connecting to play RF? Empty
PostSubject: Is anyone else having problems connecting to play RF?   Is anyone else having problems connecting to play RF? I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 1:42 pm

Hi there all,

I just tried to get on to play some rf, and i keep getting the mesage that the thq server could not be reached, and that my server list may be out of date???????? I have never seen this one before. I tried switching to the Purfaction back up tracker and it is not online either....... No I can access the Rotting server by adding the IP on the server browser, but i cannot access it by addong it into the the RF or PF Launcher.....help....please......... rendeer
Back to top Go down
PSYKO
Admin
Admin
PSYKO

PostSubject: Re: Is anyone else having problems connecting to play RF?   Is anyone else having problems connecting to play RF? I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 2:54 pm

Yep, same here main rf server tracker appears to be down.
And I lost the backup purefaction server name and cant find the info online either.

You can manually connect to rottingflesh.tk server by clicking Add Server and enter -
98.168.179.46:7770

Then toggle the Lan Only button and it should show up.
Back to top Go down
Luv 2 Die
Admin
Admin
Luv 2 Die

PostSubject: Re: Is anyone else having problems connecting to play RF?   Is anyone else having problems connecting to play RF? I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 3:13 pm

Yeah, Nice to know, because i had been talking with Goober, and he told me he was able to see everything fine, and suggested that i uninstall and reinstall PF, I tried that to no help, So I went a step further, and uninstalled and reinstalled Red Faction, and reset my firewalls on both my router and computer, to no help. After I did that I contacted Goober again, and he said that he was starting to have troubles with it as well, just type this in the server tracker box in the purefaction launcher, but it didnt work for me, hopefully you will have better luck. and the back up nebula server wasnt active, but here is that one as well rfgt.nebulamods.com so if you get it to work please let me know.

Thanks

Last edited by Luv 2 Die on Sat Dec 12, 2009 6:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
PSYKO
Admin
Admin
PSYKO

PostSubject: Re: Is anyone else having problems connecting to play RF?   Is anyone else having problems connecting to play RF? I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 3:17 pm

rfgt.nebulamods.com tracker is working now.
Back to top Go down
Luv 2 Die
Admin
Admin
Luv 2 Die

PostSubject: Re: Is anyone else having problems connecting to play RF?   Is anyone else having problems connecting to play RF? I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 3:21 pm

cool man, ill meet you there if you are going
Back to top Go down
PSYKO
Admin
Admin
PSYKO

PostSubject: Re: Is anyone else having problems connecting to play RF?   Is anyone else having problems connecting to play RF? I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 3:22 pm

Heh! Well now I cant get it to work! WTF?
Back to top Go down
Luv 2 Die
Admin
Admin
Luv 2 Die

PostSubject: Re: Is anyone else having problems connecting to play RF?   Is anyone else having problems connecting to play RF? I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 3:31 pm

yeah, i just tried it too, and it didnt work, worst yet, i sent emails to all the normal players telling them to switch..."Censored"....... now i have to email again

Sorry everyone, just trying to get us back up and playing
Back to top Go down
Luv 2 Die
Admin
Admin
Luv 2 Die

PostSubject: Re: Is anyone else having problems connecting to play RF?   Is anyone else having problems connecting to play RF? I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 3:36 pm

Well i know from talking on msn breifly with Goober, that they are aware of it, and they will figure it out, Make sure that if it gets back up and running to send thanks to the people at nebulamods.com for all their continued work to keep this game running for us to enjoy. Also, if there are others than nebulamods involved thanks to them as well.
Back to top Go down
PSYKO
Admin
Admin
PSYKO

PostSubject: Re: Is anyone else having problems connecting to play RF?   Is anyone else having problems connecting to play RF? I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 3:39 pm

Can you try adding rottingflesh manually?
I was able to add it and redfaction.info - 68.190.121.73:7755
Back to top Go down
PSYKO
Admin
Admin
PSYKO

PostSubject: Re: Is anyone else having problems connecting to play RF?   Is anyone else having problems connecting to play RF? I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 3:45 pm

Ok this is really weird but I just got rfgt.nebulamods.com tracker to work again.
Back to top Go down
Luv 2 Die
Admin
Admin
Luv 2 Die

PostSubject: Re: Is anyone else having problems connecting to play RF?   Is anyone else having problems connecting to play RF? I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 3:48 pm

yeah, ill try again, but earlier i couldnt. i am also on yahoo chat pysko if you want to chat there.
Back to top Go down
PSYKO
Admin
Admin
PSYKO

PostSubject: Re: Is anyone else having problems connecting to play RF?   Is anyone else having problems connecting to play RF? I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 4:03 pm

OK, rfgt.nebulamods.com tracker is working for sure!
Back to top Go down
Hawkseye
Admin
Admin
Hawkseye

PostSubject: Re: Is anyone else having problems connecting to play RF?   Is anyone else having problems connecting to play RF? I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 6:16 pm

o-O sounds like a mess :s
Back to top Go down
A nOOb
A nOOb

PostSubject: Re: Is anyone else having problems connecting to play RF?   Is anyone else having problems connecting to play RF? I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 15, 2009 2:38 am

Hi dudes , been a while . But the RF tracker has played up many times in the past . once the RF tracker was non- existence for over a month.

I'm afraid patience is the only thing we can incorporate.

But 1 day the RF tracker will go down for good , so lets bond and make our own fool proof tracker??
Back to top Go down
Luv 2 Die
Admin
Admin
Luv 2 Die

PostSubject: Re: Is anyone else having problems connecting to play RF?   Is anyone else having problems connecting to play RF? I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 15, 2009 1:20 pm

Sounds like a plan nOOb, and nice to here from you m8, hope all is well with you. I have no clue how to do what you are suggesting, but i will be willing to help out when and however i can as I believe others would as well. What do we need to do this? Maybe we need to start a new thread starting with (1) the how, (2) the who (as far as knoweledge base) and the (3) What (we need to do this). or am I overthinking this?
Back to top Go down
Hawkseye
Admin
Admin
Hawkseye

PostSubject: Re: Is anyone else having problems connecting to play RF?   Is anyone else having problems connecting to play RF? I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 15, 2009 4:32 pm

good to hear from you nOOb.

nah, sounds good.. the only thing I can think of, would be to get a server at some place and have it hosted there, and maybe rotting as well?
Back to top Go down
digital_ruler
Regular
Regular
digital_ruler

PostSubject: Re: Is anyone else having problems connecting to play RF?   Is anyone else having problems connecting to play RF? I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 16, 2009 12:49 pm

I am all for this idea. Not only that, but I have a tracker and a stable place to host it. The problem is getting people to switch. People are reluctant to switch to a different tracker when they see "nothing wrong" with the current one. The active community members would probably be willing to switch, but I doubt the average player is going to want to bother.

I could see it working, however, if the next Pure Faction would automatically switch over to backup if THQ's tracker goes down.
Back to top Go down
Luv 2 Die
Admin
Admin
Luv 2 Die

PostSubject: Re: Is anyone else having problems connecting to play RF?   Is anyone else having problems connecting to play RF? I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 24, 2009 9:49 pm

Hey Digi,

Is there anyway to have your tracker show up on the main THQ tracker? This way we can set our's up your tracker and have the THQ tracker looking at or pointing to your tracker? Does this even make sense? Probably not. On and ending note, You need to get in and play RF more often with us.
Back to top Go down
digital_ruler
Regular
Regular
digital_ruler

PostSubject: Re: Is anyone else having problems connecting to play RF?   Is anyone else having problems connecting to play RF? I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 25, 2009 1:48 am

Nah, I know what you mean I think.

My tracker syncs with THQ's, so if THQ's goes down, mine retains a list of the servers that were online when it last updated.

We tried to talk to Volition about pointing the rf.thqmultiplay.net domain to our tracker, but they didn't like the idea. Razz
Back to top Go down
countejacula
countejacula

PostSubject: Re: Is anyone else having problems connecting to play RF?   Is anyone else having problems connecting to play RF? I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 25, 2009 9:54 pm

digital_ruler wrote:
Nah, I know what you mean I think.

My tracker syncs with THQ's, so if THQ's goes down, mine retains a list of the servers that were online when it last updated.
So that is how it works , simple and clever

digital_ruler wrote:
We tried to talk to Volition about pointing the rf.thqmultiplay.net domain to our tracker, but they didn't like the idea. Razz

Corporate bastards rather see the game go to hell than to give any rights away to anyone
Back to top Go down
digital_ruler
Regular
Regular
digital_ruler

PostSubject: Re: Is anyone else having problems connecting to play RF?   Is anyone else having problems connecting to play RF? I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 25, 2009 11:20 pm

Well, I can't really say I blame them. If something went wrong with our tracker (it wouldn't, but...) they would be the ones responsible for it. They don't want to have somebody else take control, but still have to be responsible for it.

With that said, there's not much that can go wrong with a gametracker. Certainly not nearly as many problems as THQ's has had in the past LOL
Back to top Go down
countejacula
countejacula

PostSubject: Re: Is anyone else having problems connecting to play RF?   Is anyone else having problems connecting to play RF? I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 25, 2009 11:31 pm

I'm sure you are more willing and capable to fix this problems than THQ
Back to top Go down
Don
Noobie
Noobie

PostSubject: Re: Is anyone else having problems connecting to play RF?   Is anyone else having problems connecting to play RF? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 8:10 pm

server is down.when will it be back up?
Back to top Go down
Hawkseye
Admin
Admin
Hawkseye

PostSubject: Re: Is anyone else having problems connecting to play RF?   Is anyone else having problems connecting to play RF? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 9:57 pm

I think its back online right now.
Back to top Go down
digital_ruler
Regular
Regular
digital_ruler

PostSubject: Re: Is anyone else having problems connecting to play RF?   Is anyone else having problems connecting to play RF? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2010 8:47 am

The default RF tracker is back online, but this time with a new host, completely unaffiliated with THQ. Hopefully this will give us some better uptime.

Every player and server should switch back to rf.thqmultiplay.net
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is anyone else having problems connecting to play RF?   Is anyone else having problems connecting to play RF? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Is anyone else having problems connecting to play RF?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next