RedGameFreaks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official IRC Channel of RGFHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to the RGF Forums
Hey, we're working on the site again, so please do excuse the mess.
IRC is no longer up - It'll be moved here sometime soon.
GTA:IV modding support, and section coming soon.
Other cool sites
Computer troubles......... RGFnewBanner-1Computer troubles......... Levels4You-ButtonComputer troubles......... VoltzComputer troubles......... Ffafflink
Index
Site
Home
IRC Chat

Forum

Computer troubles.........

Go down 
+2
Angel-of-apocalyps
Elements MOD RF
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Elements MOD RF
Regular
Regular
Elements MOD RF

Computer troubles......... Empty
PostSubject: Computer troubles.........   Computer troubles......... I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2009 9:19 pm

OK, im trying to upgrade my computer from windows xp pro to windows vista business, it is working on some of my computers but not the others... why, and im trying to upgrade my laptop with the CD, and it wont let me upgrade so i just happen to have a spare empty lappy hd and try to fresh install on it.... AND WHAT A YA KNOW IT WORKS!!!!!!!! Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked ANY ONE GOT ANY SUGGESTIONS????
Back to top Go down
http://gamersheaven.forumotions.net/forum.htm
Angel-of-apocalyps
Noobie
Noobie

PostSubject: Re: Computer troubles.........   Computer troubles......... I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2009 2:40 am

Lol, some systems just wont let you update because it wont work anyway.
So it saves you the trouble there.
Other system run a version of xp that isnt upgradable so thats your problem.
A clean install will work.
But ..... finding all the drivers to get everything working, especially on a notebook is crap.
Mind also that you need to instal more memory in every system you put Vista on.
It needs at least 2 GB of ddr to run smoothly.

Cant understand though why you wanna upgrade to vista .... ITS CRAP ! confused
Perhaps get Windows 7, they promise it will have less problems then Vista ?
Vista isnt working properly and will never do.
It took them 4 years to get a good working XP, its a fine system now.
And now they come with the vista and windows 7 shi.... clown

Angel
Back to top Go down
countejacula
countejacula

PostSubject: Re: Computer troubles.........   Computer troubles......... I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2009 3:13 pm

I agree , forget vista specially on a laptop
Back to top Go down
digital_ruler
Regular
Regular
digital_ruler

PostSubject: Re: Computer troubles.........   Computer troubles......... I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2009 7:55 pm

Windows 7 is an excellent operating system.

Running it on my desktop (Quadcore Q6600, 2GB mem, 4850) and my laptop (Dualcore T4200, 4GB mem, 9300M). Runs great on both.
Back to top Go down
Angel-of-apocalyps
Noobie
Noobie

PostSubject: Re: Computer troubles.........   Computer troubles......... I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 25, 2009 4:13 am

Great to hear that Digi,
I am considering to do the same but I am a little scared it will give trouble with a lot of programs I use like Vista did.
I am sick of getting the message thats its incompatible with the system.
And looking for patches etc...

Do you know if adobe photoshop cs3 runs smootly on it ?
Indesign, Fireworks, etc....

Greetz, and remember : "If you miss, you die !!!" lol!
Back to top Go down
digital_ruler
Regular
Regular
digital_ruler

PostSubject: Re: Computer troubles.........   Computer troubles......... I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 25, 2009 10:10 am

I run Photoshop 7 without any problems. Can't vouch for any of those other programs, though.
Back to top Go down
Burner
Admin
Admin
Burner

PostSubject: Re: Computer troubles.........   Computer troubles......... I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 25, 2009 6:30 pm

I agree with digi I loved windows 7 on my lappy but I downgraded back to vista since RF just didnt seem to run right on my lappy with win 7 but I am sure there is a fix for that I am just not as good as digi and you angel with comps LOL.
Back to top Go down
Angel-of-apocalyps
Noobie
Noobie

PostSubject: Re: Computer troubles.........   Computer troubles......... I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 25, 2009 8:00 pm

lol Digi,
photoshop 7 is ancient history.
For designing websites and flyer, poster and stuff I need more than that.
Vista was a mess for those programs and so seems to be Windows 7, it seems to be just a cleaned up version of Vista and that is just disguising a BIG problem with a new coat.
Guess I am tempted to consider to switch to Linux or Mac all the same.
Screw Gates let him eat his dollars till he chokes in them.
Software should be FREE, we pay Bill money on every single component that is in a computer so why still pay for his nogood software ?
Keep on using XP and if I can help it their will be an activation key that works for all.
(wishfull thinking Smile

Remember : you miss, you die !!! clown
Greetz Angel
Back to top Go down
Burner
Admin
Admin
Burner

PostSubject: Re: Computer troubles.........   Computer troubles......... I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2009 9:54 am

Im on linux now myself Xubuntu since my version of vista gave out on me last night VISTA IS CR@P.
Back to top Go down
digital_ruler
Regular
Regular
digital_ruler

PostSubject: Re: Computer troubles.........   Computer troubles......... I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2009 6:46 pm

I've not had a single program that had any compatibility problems with Win7. However, I'd still turn my desktop into a Hackintosh if OSX didn't have such horrifically bad mouse input and if there weren't several Windows-only programs I absolutely need.

I won't even consider running Linux on my desktop. For a server, however, it is excellent.
Back to top Go down
Elements MOD RF
Regular
Regular
Elements MOD RF

PostSubject: Re: Computer troubles.........   Computer troubles......... I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 7:57 pm

Yeah, i agree with burner about linux. I use it now and i love it! And i even figured out how to run rf on it too, something burner couldnt do so i helped him. Linux isnt just used as a server, it can be used as a home computer OS too. I would use it any day.
Back to top Go down
Elements MOD RF
Regular
Regular
Elements MOD RF

PostSubject: Re: Computer troubles.........   Computer troubles......... I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 8:03 pm

Oh, just so ya know, im runing a pentium4, 1 gig of ram, 80 gig hard drive, Linux fedora core, and mobility radeon 9000..... and my desktop pentium4,(about to be core two duo),1 gig of ram,Intel chipset(SUCKS FOR VIDEO QUALITY!!!),Windows vista 32 bit business, and 500 gig hard drive.

Who says you cant be advanced without new parts???!!!! I Just Over clock Em!!!!LOL
Back to top Go down
r2k. Fire™
Noobie
Noobie

PostSubject: Re: Computer troubles.........   Computer troubles......... I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2009 6:41 pm

Elements MOD RF wrote:
Oh, just so ya know, im runing a pentium4, 1 gig of ram, 80 gig hard drive, Linux fedora core, and mobility radeon 9000..... and my desktop pentium4,(about to be core two duo),1 gig of ram,Intel chipset(SUCKS FOR VIDEO QUALITY!!!),Windows vista 32 bit business, and 500 gig hard drive.

Who says you cant be advanced without new parts???!!!! I Just Over clock Em!!!!LOL

Hello,

Upgrade XP to Vista ?? affraid, i would say, you have downgraded it to Vista, XP is faster and better. Win 7, has build in shadow XPPRO os. affraid
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Computer troubles.........   Computer troubles......... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Computer troubles.........
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
RedGameFreaks :: Games :: Red Faction :: Red Lounge-
Jump to: