RedGameFreaks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official IRC Channel of RGFHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to the RGF Forums
Hey, we're working on the site again, so please do excuse the mess.
IRC is no longer up - It'll be moved here sometime soon.
GTA:IV modding support, and section coming soon.
Other cool sites
Need help putting up server on new system RGFnewBanner-1Need help putting up server on new system Levels4You-ButtonNeed help putting up server on new system VoltzNeed help putting up server on new system Ffafflink
Similar topics
Index
Site
Home
IRC Chat

Forum

Need help putting up server on new system

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Angel-of-apocalyps
Noobie
Noobie

Need help putting up server on new system Empty
PostSubject: Need help putting up server on new system   Need help putting up server on new system I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 12, 2009 2:53 pm

Can anyone help me out ?
I just installed new serversystem compaq evo, 3.4ghz 2 GB ddr2 memory, harddrive 160GB.
I installed Redfaction with original cd's, cracked the execute so I wont need the cd anymore to run the game. Then installed PF3 and all works fine.
Except when I run a dedicated server, the server dont show up in the serverlist ?
I did exactly the same on the old system (except PF3, it was 2.1 then) and all went well.
I have a dlink router and put the ip of the new system in the DMZ zone, so it wont be blocked by the firewall of this router. (again like I did for old system)
I changed the client and serverports to above 35000, and even that wont work.
Ofcourse I can set up the old one again, but it makes a lot of noice and isnt that powerfull.

Help Plz ...... lol!
Angel
Back to top Go down
digital_ruler
Regular
Regular
digital_ruler

PostSubject: Re: Need help putting up server on new system   Need help putting up server on new system I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 12, 2009 3:06 pm

Depending on your router, you won't be able to see your own server. You'll have to add the IP manually to your serverlist.
Back to top Go down
countejacula
countejacula

PostSubject: Re: Need help putting up server on new system   Need help putting up server on new system I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 12, 2009 6:46 pm

i have messed with a lot of router issues over the years , feel free to add my msn or xfire @ countejacula@hotmail.com / countejacula
Back to top Go down
Angel-of-apocalyps
Noobie
Noobie

PostSubject: Re: Need help putting up server on new system   Need help putting up server on new system I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2009 2:50 am

Thx for the offer and the help.
I will add you to my hotmail contact as soon as I have time too look into the problem again (lots of work for the moment)

But My opinion is that the router aint the problem.

If I start the game om the new system and make a server via multiplayer, the server pops up in serverbrowser on all my other systems. So then it is visible.

But if I use PF3 and make a dedicated server, my server isnt visible on rf serverbrowser or any other system.

I checked this with a notebook connected wireless with GSM modem, which is independent form my own network or router.

If I just put back the old system it works again !
Strange.
On the old system I ran pf 2.1 and then updated to PF3, I think the issue is there.

Greetz,
Angel
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Need help putting up server on new system   Need help putting up server on new system I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Need help putting up server on new system
Page 1 of 1